Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Astatalk Does So Host Copyrighted Material

In fact, Astatalk is hosting a copyrighted image taken without my permission from my website.

http://astatalk.com/release/9675/1/Rowena_Cherry_-_Mating_Net/

That is my cover.
I paid for the photograph.
I paid for the creation of the chess piece and the photoshopping and the font.

The purple drop shadow effect is from my website background.

Now, I could try to file a report. Astatalk, to its credit, does offer a form:

Copyright infringement


To file a copyright infringement notification with us, you will need to send a written communication to us with all of the following information in it:
  • your statement telling us that you have found data on our site which you believe infringes your copyrights, or any other right;
  • detailed information about your (copy)right;
  • the title of the content concerned and the full URL for its page;
  • a detailed explanation about how the content infringes your (copy)right;
  • your contact information, so that we can get in touch with you (email address is preferred)
We reserve the right to ignore your complaint, if you provide us with insufficient information.

However, I'm not at all convinced that I want to provide all my information to  Astatalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment